Saturday, June 25, 2011

Starcraft

Hard to tell what's going on with over a hundred units there
Earlier I mentioned that the Civ V icon on my desktop can be terribly distracting when I try to play other games that aren't Civ V. The Starcraft II icon also causes problems. I don't like playing multiplayer after the brilliant single player campaign, so I end up replaying that every couple of months. Mostly to do the train robbing level and the one near the end where you get a truly massive army. Unfortunately there are only so many levels, so it seemed like it was time to play something new...



This may be a huge mistake
I probably hadn't played Starcraft since a few months after it came out. Incredibly enough, Starcraft ran nearly perfectly on Win 7 - just a couple of color glitches on some of the opening screens. And it only took about 15 minutes to stop being annoyed about the shitty graphics and become annoyed at other things. Like moving units around.
Ok if we move close together, we can all fire at once, so let's stay in this formation... God dammit Bob
Also, on the few missions in SCII where the goal is to take out the enemy base, the enemy is always considerate enough to keep all their buildings in the one base. I forgot how annoying scouring the map for that one last building was.
These last few buildings should do it...
Dammit no victory screen
Hah! Die hidden starport... crap that didn't do it either
(5 minutes later) Screw you Blizzard

No comments:

Post a Comment